What Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
A visit to our website does not require the disclosure of any personal information. However, we, or our partners may request information to perform a transaction or send marketing materials. We may collect and process the following information (including Personal Information):
- Requested information. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Rooled website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our services, download white papers and case studies, sign up to webinars, contribute to our chat rooms or forums, apply for jobs, purchase or use our products and/or services, sign up for programs, and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, resume or curriculum vitae.
- We use the requested information:
- to provide you with the products and services you requested, including support services;
- to provide you with information about product and services that we feel may interest you:
- to contact you as part of our customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our services; and
- for recruitment purposes, if you have applied for a job with us.
- Automatically collected information. When you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including your IP address, log-in information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our website (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse overs), products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction. We collect information automatically through the use of various technologies, including through “cookies”, and this is explained further below.
- We use the automatically collected information:
- to administer our website for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services; as part of our effort to keep our website safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods and services that may interest you or them; and
- to measure the effectiveness of advertising we and others serve to you and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from third parties we work with such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers.
- We use the information that we receive about you from other sources for the same purposes as the information you provide to us and the information that we collect automatically, and in addition in order to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect.
If you provide personal information about somebody else, such as a spouse or work colleague, we will assume that you have their permission to do so. You are responsible for obtaining this permission from other people whose personal information you provide to us.
How we Share and Disclose Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with others, for instance within Rooled and business partners.
We may also share your personal information with advertising networks that require this information to select and serve relevant adverts to you, as well as with analytics and search engine providers who assist us in the improvement of our website.
In some cases we use suppliers to collect, use, analyze and otherwise process information (including personal information) on our behalf. We require suppliers with whom we share personal information to handle it in a manner consistent with our policies, and we take steps to ensure that our suppliers preserve the security and confidentiality of personal information that they collect and process on our behalf.
We may use the information that you provide us in connection with a job application or enquiry throughout Rooled for the purpose of considering your application for employment. We will keep your personal information for possible future consideration.
In addition, we may process your personal information for the purpose of producing and providing to our partners statistical information (meaning aggregate information that does not identify you personally) about how our customers, collectively, use our website and services. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how often people use their areas, services and our website, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal web experience or services experience.
In certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information to third parties such as law enforcement authorities and agencies, regulatory organization, courts and governmental or other public authorities if we have to or are authorized to do so by law, for example pursuant to judicial or other government requests, subpoenas, warrants, or orders.
How to Opt In or Opt Out from Direct Marketing
We may use the information you give us on certain Rooled website for direct marketing purposes to provide product and service requests, newsletters, events, or promotional communications. However, such marketing will be sent in accordance with applicable law, and any marketing preferences you have expressed. We will offer you an opportunity to either opt in to or opt out of such use. There are a few ways to opt in to or opt out of the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. For example, at the point of collection of your personal information you may be informed of an opportunity to receive certain communications and be given a choice to opt in or opt out, for instance by providing your personal information and checking or unchecking an opt-in or opt-out box.
Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not been adopted, Rooled website do not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies
Information Security and Quality
Rooled uses appropriate security measures and processes to protect your personal information. All information you provide is stored on our secure servers. We use encryption when transmitting certain sensitive information and any payment transactions will be encrypted. Despite quality security measures, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted at all times. Once we receive your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or loss.
Notification of Changes
Access, Correction and Deletion
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information For
The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and we use it. We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. We may retain some information for a few years after you have closed your account with us, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations.
Our Worldwide Practices
We may share your personal information to our business partners based in various countries in the world where we do business. Some countries may provide less legal protection than others for your personal information. When we transfer your personal information internationally we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely, lawfully and in the manner we describe here.
Links to Non-Rooled Websites
The Rooled website may contain links to other websites. Rooled is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other websites, and we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of these websites to find out how they use your personal information.